As stated in the topic’s header, this blog suggest how to fix many problems many Windows users face.
My windows (as well as I) suffered from many problems, which are
- Windows Desktop Gadget not working properly. For example, only black square displayed with no other details, except a clock second hand.
- Skype cannot play game from extra menu. Everytime I try it keep saying
One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls
As a result the page may not display correctly.
- Many programs, such as Microsoft Project, and website are not working. They also display above message.
- In case that you work with e-Book, one of the most useful and most important program – MOBIPocket Creator – used for creating the E-Book in MOBI format – is not working at all. It only display a blank page with wield details.
I try to solve all of these problems one-by-one for some times. Surprisingly, once I found A solution, all of them are solved!
To solve it, follow the following steps:
- Click Start, type regedit into search box.
- Choose regedit, and click “Yes“
- Browse to
- Their should have some key from “0” to “4”. See whether their is a key before “0” – most people found it looks like a superscript “L”.
- DELETE that “L” key away. THIS key is the source of ALL problems.
- Restart the Windows. After restarting, all of these problems should be gone.
This method solved all my problems, so I hope it could be useful for the others.
However, this technique requires a modification of registry. If you do not sure about what you are doing, find some guru to help you.